Wednesday, April 23, 2008

T-Mobile USA confirms they'll offer Android device by year end


t_mobile_airplane.jpg

Joe Sims, VP and General Manager of T-Mobile's Broadband and New Business Division has played with Android prototypes and he is impressed. He has also confirmed that T-Mobile USA will be offering at least one Android based handset by the end of this year and that there will be "more than one" Android product.

I usually don't talk about operator news, frankly they're nothing more than bit pipes to me, always have been, always will be, let the best pipe win, that's my motto, but in the states where people don't buy a mobile phone unless it is free on 2 year contract I think a lot of potential can be had here if costs are brought to a low enough level that the mainstream will be able to get such devices.

Wait and see. I know I'm looking forward to buying the first Android device that is announced, probably the HTC Dream.

[Via: CNN Money]

No comments: